The first edition of the Global Surveyors’ Day will take place on Wednesday, 21 March 2018, exactly in the middle of the Land and Poverty Conference at the World Bank headquarters in Washington, DC USA.
We are very honored that the World Bank has accepted to host this Première.
Just before a Round Table will be held, with the aim to organize a casual discussion about important topics (3:45 pm – 5:15 pm). The Round Table will analyze the contribution of the surveying profession in today’s world. Details are available on the website of the Land and Poverty Conference, specifically here +
The Round Table will be followed by the Global Surveyors’ Day celebration reception (6:00 pm – 8:00 pm.
We have prepared the following program for the opening of this reception:
- CLGE President Maurice Barbieri, to open the celebration
- Craig Hill Leica Geosystems Vice President partner of the event
- Curtis Sumner, Executive Director of the NSPS, USA
- Chryssy Potsiou, FIG President
- Their Excellencies the Ambassadors from Albania and Austria (TBC)
- Dietrich Kollenprat, CLGE-IGPARLS Vice Chairman (AT), and Julian Ismaili (AL) to unveil the poster of the European Surveyor of 2018 with the Ambassadors
Launch Celebration Location
THE WORLD BANK
1818 H Street, NW Washington, DC 20433 USA